When you really want an appetizer that will impress your guests, this is the one to make. It combines spinach-artichoke spreadable cheese and lump crabmeat, that's baked until hot and golden...it's so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package Alouette spinach artichoke spreadable cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container refrigerated pasteurized lump crabmeat
- pepperidge fam harvest wheat distinctive cracker
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 1-quart shallow baking dish.
- 2Heat the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and garlic. Gradually stir in the milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 3Stir the cheese, nutmeg and black pepper in the saucepan. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Gradually stir in the milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Serve with the crackers for dipping.
- 5RECIPE NOTE: 1-quart baking dishes come in a variety of shapes. Use whichever you like the best, just make sure it's oven-safe.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Artichoke Crab Dip
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.2
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 56.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Alouette spinach artichoke spreadable cheese