Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
When you really want an appetizer that will impress your guests, this is the one to make. It combines spinach-artichoke spreadable cheese and lump crabmeat, that's baked until hot and golden...it's so good!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package Alouette spinach artichoke spreadable cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) containerrefrigerated pasteurized lump crabmeat
- pepperidge fam harvest wheat distinctive cracker
- Heat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 1-quart shallow baking dish.
- Heat the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and garlic. Gradually stir in the milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir the cheese, nutmeg and black pepper in the saucepan. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Gradually stir in the milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Serve with the crackers for dipping.
- RECIPE NOTE: 1-quart baking dishes come in a variety of shapes. Use whichever you like the best, just make sure it's oven-safe.