Recipe by xtine
I adapted this from a recipe from the "add a pinch" website. Moist chicken breasts with an artichoke and spinach topping. Easy to put together quickly. If you don't have Gruyere cheese you could substitute any other cheese you like: cheddar, mozzarella, etc.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 13 3⁄4 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Grease a baking dish (I use olive oil).
- I like to tenderize my chicken breasts by going over them a few times with a meat mallet, but you don't have to do this if you don't want to.
- Place the chicken breasts in the greased baking dish, and season them with salt and pepper (both sides).
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Make sure to drain the spinach really well - I squeeze mine with my hands to make sure I've gotten out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix together the drained artichoke hearts, drained spinach, chopped shallots, garlic, yogurt, mayonnaise, Parmesan, and Gruyere.
- After the chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, pour the spinach/ artichoke mixture on top of the chicken breasts, and cook, uncovered, for 25 more minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.