1/12 Photos of Spinach-Artichoke Cheesy Tortellini
This is from Rachael Ray, and oh soooo good!! Like having artichoke dip in a pasta. My son even ate his on top of toasted french bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1Heat a deep skillet over medium heat with the oil and butter.
- 2When butter melts, add garlic and grated onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle the flour into the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Whisk in the broth, then the cream and bring to a bubble.
- 5Season the sauce with nutmeg and reduce heat to low.
- 6Separate spinach into pieces as you add it to the sauce.
- 7Stir in the artichokes and cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Cook the tortellini in salted boiling water according to package directions, about 7 minutes.
- 9Drain and toss with the spinach artichoke sauce.
- 10Serve immediately with additional grated cheese and diced tomatoes, if desired.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Artichoke Cheesy Tortellini
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.5
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 1434.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g