This is from Rachael Ray, and oh soooo good!! Like having artichoke dip in a pasta. My son even ate his on top of toasted french bread!
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat with the oil and butter.
- When butter melts, add garlic and grated onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour into the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the broth, then the cream and bring to a bubble.
- Season the sauce with nutmeg and reduce heat to low.
- Separate spinach into pieces as you add it to the sauce.
- Stir in the artichokes and cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the tortellini in salted boiling water according to package directions, about 7 minutes.
- Drain and toss with the spinach artichoke sauce.
- Serve immediately with additional grated cheese and diced tomatoes, if desired.