Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Again, another one of my husband's favorites and makes quite a bit. Can be made ahead of time and reheated.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts (Drain and mash with fork)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 lbs fresh spinach (cooked-steamed or boiled, drained thoroughly in strainer)
- 1⁄4 pint whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper (tabasco)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (shredded or grated)
- Cook spinach and drain thoroughly (press with spatula in a strainer to drain all water).
- Melt butter in skillet, saute onion and garlic. Add artichoke and salt/pepper.
- Add a dash or 2 or 3 of cayenne/hot pepper sauce!
- In bowl, blend whipping cream and cream cheese together, then add all cheeses except parmesean.
- In casserole dish, mix skillet and bowl ingredients.
- Add parmesean to the top of casserole.
- Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover to brown top.