Recipe by Dancer^
This is very creamy with just the right cheese flavor to balance the vegetables.
Top Review by Brittz620
I love this dip, I have made is several times now for different occasions and it is always a hit! I use marinated artichokes bought from Costco, which lend a LOT to the flavor (I used canned once and the recipe did not turn out nearly as good). Also I did not have any crumbled chicken bouillon so I boiled 6 of the cubes in a very small amount of water and used that. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 6 ounces artichoke bottoms, canned
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add onion and cook until wilted (4 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns golden brown in color (12 minutes).
- While whisking, slowly pour chicken broth into onion-flour mixture until it is smoothly incorporated.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream.
- Allow mixture to simmer and remove from the heat.
- Add the Parmesan, bouillon, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add the sour cream, spinach, artichoke hearts, Monterey Jack cheese and tabasco sauce.
- Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and serve immediately with chips or bread cubes.