Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is very creamy with just the right cheese flavor to balance the vegetables.
Make and share this Spinach, Artichoke, Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 6 ounces artichoke bottoms, canned
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add onion and cook until wilted (4 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns golden brown in color (12 minutes).
- While whisking, slowly pour chicken broth into onion-flour mixture until it is smoothly incorporated.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream.
- Allow mixture to simmer and remove from the heat.
- Add the Parmesan, bouillon, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add the sour cream, spinach, artichoke hearts, Monterey Jack cheese and tabasco sauce.
- Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and serve immediately with chips or bread cubes.
I love this dip, I have made is several times now for different occasions and it is always a hit! I use marinated artichokes bought from Costco, which lend a LOT to the flavor (I used canned once and the recipe did not turn out nearly as good). Also I did not have any crumbled chicken bouillon so I boiled 6 of the cubes in a very small amount of water and used that. Thanks for a great recipe!