Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is very creamy with just the right cheese flavor to balance the vegetables.
Make and share this Spinach, Artichoke, Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 6 ounces artichoke bottoms, canned
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add onion and cook until wilted (4 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns golden brown in color (12 minutes).
- While whisking, slowly pour chicken broth into onion-flour mixture until it is smoothly incorporated.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream.
- Allow mixture to simmer and remove from the heat.
- Add the Parmesan, bouillon, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add the sour cream, spinach, artichoke hearts, Monterey Jack cheese and tabasco sauce.
- Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and serve immediately with chips or bread cubes.