Prep 14 mins
Cook 40 mins
My friend Grace made this for us and it was great. Hope you like it.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 3 packages chopped spinach, frozen
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, fresh grated
- If frozen artichokes are used, cook according to instructions.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain the artichokes, and place them on bottom of a 3-quart casserole.
- Squeeze as much moisture as possible from the spinach, and layer it on top of the artichokes.
- In an electric mixer blend the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and butter or oil until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the milk, and spread this mixture over the top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle with pepper and the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- You can refrigerate this dish after putting it together and before baking it, but if it is chilled, slightly increase the baking time.
Very yummy!!! I'm going to try this as a lasagna filler too! Very, very good. Thanks!
I made this for the residents where I work. It was wonderful. The only thing I added was a little garlic to the cheese mixture and I mixed a few cornflake crumbs in with the romano cheese to sprinkle on top. This could easily become a main dish; I like Suzanne's idea of using it as a lasagna filling.
This was delicious and easy and healthy. I used low fat cream cheese and mayo and milk and made it for a Christmas Eve dinner. It was devoured by 7 adults and 2 teen age girls. I love spinach. DH who is not a huge fan actually liked it too. Creamy top and perfectly steamed spinach.