Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Use as a party dip or this casserole can be served over rice, egg noodles or with scalloped potatoes. Add a chicken breast or a pork chop and you have a high protein meal fit for any company!
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 14 ounces chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- 14 ounces chopped spinach, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs or 1 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- toasted pita chips or corn tortilla, on the side
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350Fand lightly spritz a baking dish with cooking spray (Pam).
- Drain vegetables very well
- Chop and mix in a bowl with the other ingredients.
- Pour into a prepared casserole dish and top with the crumbs.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven), until hot and bubbly.
- Serve at once with pita chips or corn tortilla chips.