Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a variation of my usual spinach artichoke dip, with 3 boxes of spinach to make it a side dish. I made this for Thanksgiving and my family loved it. The basis of this recipe is Tiffany's dip on allrecipes. Reduce the spinach to one box to use as a dip.
- 3 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (I used jarred)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 2-qt casserole dish.
- Drain thawed spinach- I wring it out in a cotton dish towel.
- Mix all ingredients except mozzarella in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish, top with mozzarella.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes, remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes, until bubbly.
Wonderful - just made this for lunch. I used 1 box of spinach and ate it as a dip with red peppers for dipping. Really delicious and filling too. Thanks for posting Jane-in-RI, your cookly ways are most impressive!
I used about half the amount of spinach and found this to be very tasty.
I would have rated this 4 1/2 stars if I could. We all thought the flavor was great but just too rich and thick. I used 1 box of spinach as directed for a dip and only 1/2 of the mayo mixture and it was still too rich. I would definitely make this again but add some....I don't know what... maybe light sour cream or skim milk to cut the richness? Thanks for posting!