Recipe by tbear1963
This is a family favorite that we make for all special occasions. I have no idea where this came from, my Mother-in-law made it while I was pregnant with my oldest son and we have been making it for every holiday for the last 26 years. It combines frozen chopped spinach, cream cheese and artichoke hearts. I can prepare this ahead of time and freeze it.
- 4 (8 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned artichoke hearts, drained and cubed
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach according to the directions adding the beef bouillon cubes to the water.
- Drain spinach, it is best to use a collander and let it set while you prepare the rest.
- In the pan you cooked the spinach in combine cream cheese, butter, and artichokes. Melt slowly on medium to medium low heat, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add spinach and stir well.
- Transfer into a 2 quart baking dish sprayed with Pam.* Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes this time varies so just keep a close eye on it and when it is browned on top and bubbly it is done.
- *Tips: I will make this ahead of time just omitting the bread crumbs then freezing it. I take it out the day before to start it thawing. One thing is that you need to increase the baking time from 30 minutes to about 45 since the ingrediants will be cold.