Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an attempt to replicate a dip my friend brought to a party. We kind of lost touch and I didn't want to call her just for her mom's spinach dip recipe so I tried and tried and this pretty close. The seasonings listed are less than I actually use, I start with a little and keep adding until it tastes right, just adjust them to your own taste. You can make this ahead of time and just pop it in the oven 1/2 hour before you need it.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese (monterey jack, pepper jack, mozzarella, or swiss)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Thaw spinach and artichokes in microwave or in fridge. Squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a large ovenproof bowl, combine all ingredients (reserve 1 cup of the shredded cheese for the top) mix well and adjust seasonings.
- Top with the rest of the shredded cheese, cover, and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until cheese is nice and melty.
- Serve warm with sliced baguette, tortilla chips, and celery sticks.