Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and perfect for those cravings we all have. When you just have to have spinach and artichoke dip, make this and all will be well.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 6 ounces artichoke bottoms, canned
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add onion and cook until wilted. (4 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle flour over the onion mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns golden brown in color. (12 minutes).
- While whisking, slowly pour chicken broth into onion-flour mixture until it is smoothly incorporated.
- When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream.
- Allow mixture to simmer and remove from the heat.
- Add the Parmesan, bouillon, lemon juice and sugar and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add the sour cream, spinach and artichoke hearts, Monterey Jack cheese and Tabasco sauce and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and serve immediately with chips or bread cubes.
Every party I attend I am told not to show up unless I make this . Everyone loves it. Very easy to make.
This recipe was so good!! It was exactly what I was looking for. I'm so glad I went with this one. It had a wonderful creamy texture and was seasoned perfectly. I will be making this recipe again and again. No changes to the recipe were needed.