Delicious and perfect for those cravings we all have. When you just have to have spinach and artichoke dip, make this and all will be well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 6 ounces artichoke bottoms, canned
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- 2When the butter has melted, add onion and cook until wilted. (4 minutes).
- 3Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- 4Sprinkle flour over the onion mixture.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns golden brown in color. (12 minutes).
- 6While whisking, slowly pour chicken broth into onion-flour mixture until it is smoothly incorporated.
- 7When the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the cream.
- 8Allow mixture to simmer and remove from the heat.
- 9Add the Parmesan, bouillon, lemon juice and sugar and stir until thoroughly blended.
- 10Add the sour cream, spinach and artichoke hearts, Monterey Jack cheese and Tabasco sauce and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- 11Transfer to a warm serving bowl and serve immediately with chips or bread cubes.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Artichoke and Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.4
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 331.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g