1 hr 5 mins
Valerie in Florida's Note:
Courtesy of Dan and Steve from the Food Network. Love these guys !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 10 slices bacon, fried until crisp and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
FOR CRISPY PITAS
- 1Heat the vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium low heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until the shallot softens and the garlic begins to brown, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2Put the spinach in a colander and squeeze out all of the excess water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the artichoke hearts, crumbled bacon, cooked garlic and shallot, lemon zest, sour cream, salt and pepper. Mix well with a rubber spatula, and transfer to a decorative bowl. Allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving so the flavors can blend. Serve with crispy pitas.
- 3FOR CRISPY PITAS:.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Mix all of the herbs and spices in a small bowl. Put the pita wedges into a large mixing bowl and add the spice mix. Drizzle the oil over all and toss well to coat. Put the pitas onto a baking sheet, shake it to even them out and place the pan into the top half of the preheated oven until they are crispy and lightly brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool 10 minutes and mound around the dip bowl.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Artichoke and Bacon Dip With Crispy Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (1664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1165.7
- Calories from Fat 741
- Total Fat 82.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 3451.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: