Recipe by Fisher Nuts
“This is a classic dip that everyone loves to eat. Make in advance and serve when ready. The addition of the almonds rounds out the flavors and adds a toasted flavor that is way better than breadcrumbs.” –Alex Guarnaschelli
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3⁄4 cup Fisher® Sliced Almonds, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach in a medium saucepan according to package directions. Transfer to a strainer to drain off any liquid and set aside.
- Combine the butter and garlic in the saucepan used to cook the spinach. Cook over medium-low heat until the garlic softens, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Heat 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Stir in the spinach and artichokes, continue heating 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Chop 1/2 cup of the almonds, stir into spinach mixture. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate or a 10-inch tart pan. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup sliced almonds. Serve warm.
- Note: To brown top, broil dip for 1 to 2 minutes, if desired.