Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low calorie salad from the Sonoma diet cookbook.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, torn
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, snipped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Remove stems from spinach if desired. Combine spinach and apricots in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, cook and stir until golden. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add spinach mixture to vinegar mixture and return to heat. Toss the mixture in a skillet for about 1 minute or until spinach is just wilted.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a serving dish and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.