Recipe by keen5
This recipe is from a Johnson City, Tennesse cookbook put out by the senior citizens committee. Number of servings are not listed in the recipe. I think I had four generous servings. It's been awhile, so I am not sure. Cook time is for the bacon.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 2 tart apples
- 8 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach, remove stems and tear leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Dry and chill spinach.
- Just before serving, quarter, core and slice apples into a large salad bowl.
- Add spinach and bacon and toss.
- Mix mayonnaise and orange juice concentrate.
- Serve separately by spooning over individual salad servings.