Prep 22 mins
Cook 3 mins
I adopted this recipe from recipezaar because it appealed to me. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagewashed and trimmed fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 cups cubed unpeeled granny smith apples
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup peeled cubed ripe papaya
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- Tear spinach into bite size pieces, if needed and place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine apple and 1 tbl vinegar in a bowl and toss gently, et aside.
- Combine remaining 2 tbls vinegar, papaya, an next 3 ingredients in a small sauce pan, stir well and bring to a boil, remove from heat and immediately pour over spinach, tossing to coat.
- Top with apple mixture and cheese, tossing gently.
- Serve NOW!
Very nice salad! I loved that there is no oil in the dressing! Very nice mix of flavors. Thank you NImz!
mmmm yum. Had this for lunch and what a great salad. couldnt find papaya at the store, or mango (My substitute when its raw) however the strawberries made up for it. delicious. oh the cheese i used was "borgonzola" half the price of roquefort and cambozola
Very good however I would allow the dressing to cool just slightly before pouring on top next time, it caused the spinach to shrink slightly, the combinations of ingredients was wonderful, thanks Nimz!...Kitten:)