Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from a local grocer.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 apple, thinly sliced lengthwise (Gala or Granny Smith)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients (water through pepper) in a small bowl; whisk together.
- Place the apple slices in a large bowl. Spoon 1 tbsp dressing over apples, toss to coat. Add spinach, onions, mushrooms, and remaining dressing; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the top of salad.
I loved this recipe, it was fresh, sweet and tangy, and looked so pretty on the plate, made for a wonderful light dinner. I did make a couple of minor changes; used balsamic vinegar (personal preferance) and a Walla Walla Sweet Onion instead of red (what I had on hand) then followed the directions exactly using a Granny Smith Apple and of course the bacon on top. This is a salad I'd be proud to serve for company. Thanks for posting. Made for Eating Right in the Photo Forum
Found the dressing too weak (mild). Next time I will try either rice or apple cider vinegar to bring out the sweetness of the honey or use white vinegar for the tartness.