Sue Lau's Note:
Delicious soup with a Mediterranean touch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and drain spinach; remove any large stems.
- 2Cut into strips.
- 3Heat oil in large saucepan and saute garlic, onion, and green onions until soft.
- 4Stir in rice; add 3 1/2 cups water and the turmeric.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Simmer for 15 minutes, then add spinach, cooking 5-7 minutes more, until rice is tender.
- 7Lower heat on soup.
- 8Stir yogurt briskly, then add to soup.
- 9Stir only to blend, and heat just until soup is heated through.
- 10Do not boil, or yogurt will curdle.
- 12As a suggestion, serve with fresh flatbreads with olive oil, olives, lemon wedges, and a plate of fresh herbs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Yogurt Soup
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 12.5 g