Recipe by Jenni Wallace
I made this up about 18 years ago while visiting my aunt. She had purchased 10 pounds of fresh spinach and didn't know what to do with it!
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons good fruity olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 lb well cleaned fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the red pepper flakes, if using, and stir through once.
- Add the walnuts and saute until they become somewhat fragrant.
- Add the spinach and continue to stir until it begins to wilt.
- Cover and allow to steam in it's own juice for 5 minutes.
- If needed you can add 1 Tablespoon of water to the pan.
- Remove cover and add the soy sauce.
- Mix well and serve.