Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up about 18 years ago while visiting my aunt. She had purchased 10 pounds of fresh spinach and didn't know what to do with it!
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the red pepper flakes, if using, and stir through once.
- Add the walnuts and saute until they become somewhat fragrant.
- Add the spinach and continue to stir until it begins to wilt.
- Cover and allow to steam in it's own juice for 5 minutes.
- If needed you can add 1 Tablespoon of water to the pan.
- Remove cover and add the soy sauce.
- Mix well and serve.
I wasn't that thrilled with it but I will try it again. I used roasted red pepper olive oil, all I had. The dish had a bitter taste to it. Will try again.
I'm just starting to add more greens to my meals. I liked this combination of flavors a lot, which is good since I'll be eating it for several meals.
My 4 yr old wouldn't touch it. But my husband and I ate all 4 servings. This was delicious!