Recipe by Aroostook
Use fresh spinach if you wish. Ground beef, veal or pork may be used instead of turkey. It is up to your personal taste!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crackers or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 3 cups favorite spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach according to package directions.
- Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Brown ground turkey in olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 12x8-inch baking dish.
- Combine spinach, parsley, crumbs, eggs, garlic, and cheese in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add turkey and mix well.
- Fill shells with this mixture.
- Spread 1 cup sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Add shells and cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until warmed through and bubbly.