Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Use fresh spinach if you wish. Ground beef, veal or pork may be used instead of turkey. It is up to your personal taste!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crackers or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 3 cups favorite spaghetti sauce
- Cook spinach according to package directions.
- Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Brown ground turkey in olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 12x8-inch baking dish.
- Combine spinach, parsley, crumbs, eggs, garlic, and cheese in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add turkey and mix well.
- Fill shells with this mixture.
- Spread 1 cup sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Add shells and cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until warmed through and bubbly.
Barbara this was a great recipe! I used the ground turkey. I also used a mixture of Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Delicious!!! Thank You
Outstanding! Served this with peas and carrots. My husband thought it was "delicious". The filling only was enough for half the shells I made, because I stuffed them really full.
Had this dish tonight for supper. Very good! We will have this again. Even my spinach hating hubby and son liked it. I used about 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and a little salt & red pepper also. Next time I will use more tomato sauce too as it did dry out a bit after baking. Thanks for the recipe!