Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a Diabetic cookbook. Dietary exchanges are 2 starch and 3 lean meat.
Make and share this Spinach and Turkey Skillet for 2 recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces turkey breast tenderloins
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 2⁄3 cup diced plum tomato
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cut turkey tenderloins into bite-sized pieces; sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey pieces; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Reduce heat to low. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Return turkey to skillet. Stir in rice, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons chicken broth. Stir remaining broth into mixture in skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 14 minutes. Stir in spinach and reserved broth. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and spinach is wilted. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.