Recipe by Christina P.
This is SO delicious in the cold winter months, served with hot, freshly baked bread!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (or 9 cups)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 8 -9 ounces chicken tortellini or 8 -9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped or 1 (8 ounce) packageprewashed spinach
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In oil in a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add broth and herbs, bring to boil.
- Stir in tortellini, reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a sprinkling of cheese on top.