Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A slice with a side salad make a nice lunch.
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water, 105 to 110 degrees f
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup semolina
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 small yellow onion, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon garlic oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 12 large fresh basil leaves, snipped into pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- Put the first eight ingredients (ie water to yeast) in the breadmaker in the order specified and run the dough cycle.
- On my machine this takes 90 minutes.
- If you don't have a breadmaker you can mix all the ingredients until smooth, cover and allow to rise until doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray (and your hands too).
- Remove the dough from the bread machine and spread into a 14" round on the pizza pan.
- If the dough is hard to spread cover it and let it relax for a few minutes then continue.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick over medium heat.
- Cook the onions until softened.
- Combine the spinach, sautéed onion, 2 teaspoons oil, ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, chopped plum tomato, basil, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spread this filling onto the rolled-out dough leaving a 2 inch border without filling.
- Top with the crumbled feta.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes in circles or other decorative patterns over the feta and sprinkle on the remaining 1/4 cup grated Parmesan.
- Fold the untopped border of the dough towards the middle to partially cover the topping, crimp the dough to fit.
- Bake the galette for 20 to 25 minutes or until the filling is hot and the crust is golden.
- Cool for a few minutes before cutting.
- Cut into eight pieces.