Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Sunday Mid-Day. A Chef Sanjeev Kapoor (an Indian cuisine brand now ) recipe. Very quick and easy
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed,drained and chopped fine (leaves only minus stems and ribs)
- 50 g tofu, cubed into small pcs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, heated to smoking point and cooled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 vegetable bouillon cubes or 3 -4 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- black pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the chopped spinach and saute till soft.
- Add salt and 2-3 cups of water and the stock cubes.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer.
- Add the tofu and the soya sauce Cook for 5 minutes more and remove from heat.
- Add the sesame oil and season and then serve hot.
Just finished this for lunch and ended up eating 2 bowls! I didn't mind though, because this recipe is so healthy, light, and delicious. Nice Asian flavor, though I did add some crushed red pepper flakes just to give it that "kick" that I crave, and reduced the sesame oil to a few drops (just personal preferance.) I got the water heated and just dumped everything in and cooked till the bouillon was dissolved and the spinach was nicely wilted. Sorry I messed with it, but I was in a hurry and well.. it turned out just great! I'm looking forward to making this often, seeing as I always have tofu and spinach around. Thanks Fay!!
This was fast and delicious. I doctored it up a little by adding some pureed ginger 1/2 TBSP and 3 TBSP of mashed pumpkin leftover from another recipe. 5 stars for sure