Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
I've been working on this one for a couple of years and I think that I finally have it right. Most of the recipes I had tried and failed before were because as DH said, "Where did all the flavor go?" This disappears fast in my house now. I'm posting this here because the paper that I have the recipe written on got dunked in the sauce last time.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) bags Baby Spinach
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce or 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain, set aside and keep warm.
- Saute onion and garlic in the olive oil, adding a little water as needed to keep from sticking. Add one bag of spinach and saute until completely wilted.
- In a very large bowl combine ricotta, tofu, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, oregano, egg, black pepper, parsley and sauted spinach mixture. Mix well.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Arrange a layer of cooked noodles on the bottom and top with 1/3 each of the ricotta mixture, the tomato or alfredo sauce, a handful of uncooked spinach and mozarella cheese. Repeat layers twice more, ending with the sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes to brown the cheese.
Very good and the filling looks very pretty. I made a half quantity and the recipe worked well as a scaled down version. I rough cut the spinach with scissors as I found it made mixing easier. I didn't change the ingredients, but I think another time I'll add a bit of nutmeg.