Mamas Cookin's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: These wonderfully soft biscuit pinwheels are delicious plain but are even better dipped in marinara sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour and the cold butter.
- 2Use your fingertips to work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Add the mashed potatoes and mix just until incorporated.
- 4Add the egg and buttermilk and mix until a dough forms.
- 5Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface and knead 25 to 30 times. Make sure you use plenty of flour on your board so that the dough doesn't stick.
- 6Divide the dough in half.
- 7Working with one half of the dough at a time, pat or roll into an 8-inch wide rectangle about 1/4” thick.
- 8In a small bowl, combined the bacon, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- 9Sprinkle 1/2 of the spinach mixture over the dough.
- 10Starting on the long side, carefully roll the dough up into a log as tightly as you can and gently squeeze it together.
- 11Repeat with other half of dough.
- 12Wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 13Unwrap. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1 inch thick “wheels”.
- 14Place on two parchment lined baking sheets about an inch apart.
- 15Bake in a preheated 475°F oven for 17 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 352.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes