Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Dole, and was saved to be used this year once strawberries are ripe from the garden.
- 1 (7 ounce) package Baby Spinach or 1 (7 ounce) packagebaby romaine lettuce
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- Whisk vinegar and olive oil in small bowl. Add basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach or romaine and strawberries in large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette; gently toss to evenly coat. Divide salad among 4 plates. Sprinkle each salad with cheese and pine nuts.
I love Strawberry spinach salads and this one is a winner. I didn't use any oil because the feta was packed in oil so just added some balsamic. The pine nuts add that little extra touch.
loved this salad, I didn't have any goat cheese so I used cubed feta, I also added in some fresh garlic to the dressing, I enjoyed this today, thank you for sharing Char, this was made for KK's forums Pink event
Great salad. This dressing so simple but delicious! I will make this again! Made for ZWT 6.