Recipe by Chabear01
This is from Dole, and was saved to be used this year once strawberries are ripe from the garden.
Top Review by Bergy
I love Strawberry spinach salads and this one is a winner. I didn't use any oil because the feta was packed in oil so just added some balsamic. The pine nuts add that little extra touch.
- 1 (7 ounce) package Baby Spinach or 1 (7 ounce) packagebaby romaine lettuce
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar and olive oil in small bowl. Add basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach or romaine and strawberries in large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette; gently toss to evenly coat. Divide salad among 4 plates. Sprinkle each salad with cheese and pine nuts.