Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1 cup seedless grapes, each cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, fried , broken into bits
SWEET & SOUR SALAD DRESSING
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Put all the salad ingredients above in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a shaker bottle and shake vigorously. Pour over above salad.
- Serve immediately.
I made this recipe for Christmas and it was great! The red and green coloring also made it festive-looking. I, too, left out the bean sprouts and substituted cashews. Even my picky Mother-in-law couldn't complain!!
I deleted the bean sprouts and replaced them with salted cashew nuts...a nice complement to the sweet/sour dressing. Our guests loved it, in my opinion,it deserves a "5-pan" rating.
I make a very similar salad with spinach, strawberries, very thinly sliced red onion, mandarin oranges and bacon - use any raspberry vinegrette dressing (homemade or bottled)