A great, super easy salad to make for holiday gatherings. The red, white and green colors are especially festive, and the combination of sweet strawberries, pungent cheese and tang from the vinaigrette are a nice combination. And did I mention it was super easy?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and trim the spinach leaves. (I like to remove the stems).
- 2Wash and remove the tops of the strawberries. Slice lengthwise into about 1/8 inch slices so that the slices look like "hearts".
- 3Thinly slice the red onion so that you have "round shavings".
- 4Toss the spinach leaves, 1/2 the strawberry slices, 1/2 the pecans and 1/4 cup of feta with 1/2 of the salad dressing.
- 5Arrange in a bowl or on a serving dish.
- 6On top, layer the remaining strawberry slices and onions.
- 7Drizzle with a little more dressing.
- 8Sprinkle the remaining pecans and feta on the salad and drizzle with a bit more dressing for color.
- 9Garnish with several whole strawberries (I like to slice partway through the whole berry, leaving the green leaves, and "fan" the slice out to make an attractive garnish).
- 10Serve immediately. Note: this salad will not keep long. The vinegar in the dressing will wilt the leaves and "melt" the cheese after a few hours).
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 170.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry vinaigrette dressing