Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister Carol spoils me when I visit... and don't I love it! :) Last visit, she made this salad and it was terrific. The dressing was absolutely perfect! I'm posting the recipe here because I'm tired of hunting thru my emails looking for it!
- 12 -14 ounces Baby Spinach (2 bags, appx 6-7oz each)
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed (I use sesame seeds)
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, strawberries and almonds.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients til blended, pour over spinach mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately!
When I made this I left the almonds out and substituted crumbled bacon due to picky eaters. The salad was still very good - 9 out of 9 people enjoyed it.
I really loved this salad. I liked the dressing, I used the poppyseeds in mine. I liked that it only had almonds in it, cause I do not like a lot of extras in any salads. Good taste of sweet and sour. My strawberries were nice and sweet too. This was a delightful salad and I cannot wait to have it again! Made for May Event in Cooking Photos.
I made this to take to a dinner party and everybody raved about it, and even my husband said he really liked it, so this is a keeper! Very easy to make. Even though I bought the bagged spinich and it states on the bag that it is already washed thoroughly, I still washed mine, and dried them. Also added romaine lettuce to give the salad more body and flavor.