Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very easy yet elegant and delicious salad
- spinach (enough for 4 people)
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions
- Wash and tear spinach into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine dressing ingredients; mix well with hand blender.
- Toss dressing with spinach and strawberries; serve and enjoy!
Excellent salad! Easy, quick, beautiful and tasty. I substituted toasted pine nuts for the sesame seeds (I didn't have any on hand) and ran out of white vinegar so used half white vinegar and half red raspberry vinegar. Mmmm... pine nuts and mandarin oranges... lots of possibilities here.
A very refreshing, delicious salad. The whole family thoroughly enjoyed it. My picky daughter gave it an enthusiastic thumbs up. The only thing I would do differently is to decrease the sesame seeds and poppy seeds to 1 Tablespoon each, based on personal preference. Thanks for a great recipe Christina.
This recipe is a favorite of mine. It is easy and wonderful. If strawberries are not available, a good substitute is (canned) mandarin oranges.