Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
This low-cal sandwich is easy to make, delicious and filling. Because of the slightly wilted spinach and the tomato, no mayo or butter is needed.
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 1⁄4 cup Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprouts or 1⁄4 cup mixed sprouts
- 2 slices tomatoes
- Toast bread, if desired.
- Wash baby spinach and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Place spinach in bowl and microwave for 30 to 60 seconds, until just slightly wilted.
- If you prefer, you can steam the spinach.
- To assemble sandwich, place spinach, then sprouts and then tomato, then top slice of bread. This makes the sprouts stay in place better.