1/2 Photos of Spinach and Sausage Soup
Hey Jude's Note:
This is a great meal-in-one pot type of soup. I use turkey Italian sausage to cut down on the fat content. We love the Parmesan cheese toasts on top...use a nice crusty bread for those.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled (sweet or hot)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 lb spinach, stems trimmed
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup broken pieces capellini (1-inch) or 1/2 cup vermicelli
- 4 slices French bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1Heat a large saucepot over high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add spinach and broth. Fill one empty can of broth with water; add to pot. Cover and bring mixture to a boil. Add capellini, cover and boil 2 minutes more.
- 2Meanwhile, heat broiler. Broil bread slices on cookie sheet about 1 minute per side, until toasted. Drizzle each slice with 1 teaspoons oil; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese.
- 3Divide soup among 4 large soup bowls and top each serving with prepared toasts.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.8
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 2131.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: