Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Brunch or side dish.
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store bought, set aside)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Roll out dough in a 9 inch pie plate; set aside.
- Cook sausage in olive oil over medium heat until browned; set aside.
- Cook spinach according to package instructions.
- Run under cold water then squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Add mozzarella and ricotta and beat well to combine.
- Then add cooked sausage and spinach and garlic powder.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake until crust browns, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
This is the exact recipe my mom's been making for years! I used to request this as my birthday dinner. YUMMY!
My family loved this! The only thing I did different was add a couple of cloves of minced fresh garlic and skipped the garlic powder. Since there is no baking temperature specified, I baked at 350F. The leftovers reheated very well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!