Recipe by Pets'R'us
I sometimes use melon instead of the pear in this salad, use what you like most or is in your fridge. Another thing I like to do is add crispy fried bacon bits just before serving.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
This is a lovely salad, so cool and refreshing. The dressing cream with the Roquefort is so divine, you would think you were in a "tea-room" enjoying a beautiful afternoon with a friend. I used melon, and smoked almonds, but other then that, stayed completely to the recipe. Just so great, you will want to make this all the time. Made for a memorial and celebration for the life of "Pets'R'Us. July 2011.
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 ounces walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 -2 ripe juicy pear, peeled and cubed
For the dressing
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese, add more or less to suit your own taste
- 5 fluid ounces single cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry the spinach, remove tough stalks and tear large leaves in pieces.
- Mash the cheese with a fork, gradually add the cream to form a smooth paste.
- Mix in the chives and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the spinach in a salad bowl, add the walnuts, the pear and pour over the dressing.
- Toss and serve.