Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very quick pasta dish to make that tastes great and makes for a great mid week meal. My son and hubby love this dish, as do I because I can have it on the table in about 20-25 Minutes, which for me is great, when you get in late and do not want to fuss in the kitchen all night.
- 500 g fresh tortellini (I used spinach and ricotta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 ml white wine
- 100 ml cream
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Boil some salted water add tortellini, cook until just soft (al dente), drain.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and garlic, cook until onion softens, add wine, cook until almost evaporated, add cream, ricotta and gruyere, stir until cheese melts.
- Stir in herbs and season with pepper, return pasta to pan, toss to coat in sauce and heat through. If sauce is a little thick just add a little water or extra cream.
- Serve immediately sprinkle with extra chives and grated Parmesan if desired.
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. It was incredibly easy to put together. I served the sauce over gnocchi. I added a small handful of spinach to sauce and doubled the parsley too - both fresh from the garden . It makes a magnificent creamy sauce. Very versatile too.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #41* A lovely, creamy, cheesy sauce -- just need to add a tad more pepper to the left-overs. Will be preparing this again over the summer with garden herbs. Thanks for posting !
We really loved this tonight for dinner - I used a 375g Spinach and Ricotta Angolottie which was plenty for 3 of us with sides. I did use the full measures of the rest for 500g of pasta and had to use swiss cheese (with a little parmesan) in place of the gruyere and used garlic chives in the recipe and as garnish. Thank you The Flying Chef, made for Make My Recipe Edition 11.