Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Real Simple.
- 20 jumbo pasta shells (about half a 12-ounce box)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- Set an oven rack to the highest position and heat oven to 400°F Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and run under cold water until cool.
- Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a large broilerproof baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon the mixture into the shells and place them on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake until the shells are heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until the cheese begins to brown, 2 to 5 minutes.