Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious! Made this the other night to use up leftover spinach and ricotta that was in the fridge...we devoured it! We used a store bought pizza crust but I can only imagine homemade would rival any restaurant offering. Never thought of putting ricotta on a pizza, but try it...very rich and satisfying. We did grate more Parmesan Cheese over the slices before eating...yum! The New York Style Pizza Sauce is also posted on this website..easy and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup new york style pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- pizza crust, of choice
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Coat a 12 inch perforated pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Brush pizza dough with olive oil.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Top evenly with spinach and garlic.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over spinach.
- Spoon teaspoonfuls of ricotta over mozzarella.
- Bake at 500 for 12 minutes or until mozzarella melts and crust browns. Let stand 5 minutes; top with tomato slices. Cut into 6 wedges.