Groundhog Gal's Note:
Delicious! Made this the other night to use up leftover spinach and ricotta that was in the fridge...we devoured it! We used a store bought pizza crust but I can only imagine homemade would rival any restaurant offering. Never thought of putting ricotta on a pizza, but try it...very rich and satisfying. We did grate more Parmesan Cheese over the slices before eating...yum! The New York Style Pizza Sauce is also posted on this website..easy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup new york style pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- pizza crust, of choice
- 1Preheat oven to 500.
- 2Coat a 12 inch perforated pizza pan with cooking spray.
- 3Brush pizza dough with olive oil.
- 4Spread pizza sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- 5Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 6Top evenly with spinach and garlic.
- 7Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over spinach.
- 8Spoon teaspoonfuls of ricotta over mozzarella.
- 9Bake at 500 for 12 minutes or until mozzarella melts and crust browns. Let stand 5 minutes; top with tomato slices. Cut into 6 wedges.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Ricotta Pizza (Cooking Light)
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 556.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 17.1 g