Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was posted in answer to a message board request. The 10 minute prep time does not include the thawing time for the spinach.
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese or 118.29 ml romano cheese
- 907.18 g ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 0.59 ml ground pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 8 inch pie shell
- Thaw spinach and drain thoroughly, do not cook it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach with remaining ingredients (except crust) mixing well.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until set in center.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- For a variation, add some diced ham, prosciutto or cooked crumbled bacon to the spinach/cheese mixture before baking.
Very good and simple. I skipped the pie shell and parmesan cheese but added lots of freshly cooked and crumbled bacon. Would make a wonderful breakfast, too.