Recipe by Dee514
This recipe was posted in answer to a message board request. The 10 minute prep time does not include the thawing time for the spinach.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 8 inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw spinach and drain thoroughly, do not cook it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach with remaining ingredients (except crust) mixing well.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until set in center.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- For a variation, add some diced ham, prosciutto or cooked crumbled bacon to the spinach/cheese mixture before baking.