A different version of the good old fashioned lasagna
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4. Melt 40g (1 1/2oz) butter in a saucepan, stir in 40g (1 1/2oz) flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 600ml (1pt) semi-skinned milk, stirring until you have a smooth thickened sauce. Add 50g (1 3/4oz) grated Cheddar cheese and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 2Cook 350g (12oz) spinach according to pack directions, cool a little and squeeze out any excess water. Mix in 250g (9oz) ricotta and a good grating of nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Place half the spinach mix into the base of a 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in), or similar, ovenproof dish.
- 4Place 2 lasagne sheets on top followed by a little of the white sauce and a sprinkling of extra Cheddar cheese. Add a further 2 lasagne sheets.
- 5Place the remaining spinach mix in the dish, top with 2 more lasagne sheets and pour over the remaining sauce.
- 6Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Cook for approximately 40 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a tomato and rocket salad.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: