Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A different version of the good old fashioned lasagna
Make and share this Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4. Melt 40g (1 1/2oz) butter in a saucepan, stir in 40g (1 1/2oz) flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 600ml (1pt) semi-skinned milk, stirring until you have a smooth thickened sauce. Add 50g (1 3/4oz) grated Cheddar cheese and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Cook 350g (12oz) spinach according to pack directions, cool a little and squeeze out any excess water. Mix in 250g (9oz) ricotta and a good grating of nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place half the spinach mix into the base of a 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in), or similar, ovenproof dish.
- Place 2 lasagne sheets on top followed by a little of the white sauce and a sprinkling of extra Cheddar cheese. Add a further 2 lasagne sheets.
- Place the remaining spinach mix in the dish, top with 2 more lasagne sheets and pour over the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Cook for approximately 40 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a tomato and rocket salad.