Recipe by Redsie
Fancy meatloaf! Great to serve when you have company! And it's delicious! Another great recipe from R. Reisman.
Top Review by berry271
This was the best meatloaf I have ever had! It was actually easier to prepare than I had expected. Rolling it was pretty easy, using the wax paper. The barbecue sauce is not overpowering, as I had thought it might be. Excellent recipe, I highly recommend it. Also made extra fancy meatloaf sandwiches from the leftovers.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup thawed and drained frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2⁄3 cup smooth 5% fat ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray an 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- To make meatloaf: In a bowl, mix all meatloaf ingredients. On a 12-inch square piece of waxed paper, pat out mixture into an 8-inch square.
- To make filling: In a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook onions over medium heat for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Stir in spinach and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Turn off heat; add cheeses, stirring until combined. Spread over meatloaf. Using the waxed paper as a guide, roll up the meatloaf; carefully place in loaf pan seam side down. Spread barbecue sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before carefully inverting onto a serving platter. Slice.