Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is fool proof (even I can make it!) and very delicious! It's really easy but no one will believe them if you tell them that! It's really important to use fresh spinach as frozen gets chewy. Use baby spinach if you can and pack the rolls really close together to ensure they don't fall apart whilst cooking. The mushrooms add a meaty texture to the sauce.
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 600 g Baby Spinach (fresh)
- 400 -500 g fresh pasta, sheets (lasagne sheets)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes (14 oz cans i think)
- 1 onion
- 8 large mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons basil
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- Wash the spinach and blend in the processor to finely chop it.
- Mix the processed spinach, ricotta, half the garlic and season with salt.
- Cut each lasagne sheet in half (along the shorter side).
- Put about 2 tablespoons of filling on the end of each half and roll up to form a roll. It should be really full - doesn't matter if bits of filling fall out and you make a mess.
- Put each roll straight into a greased lasagne type baking tin. Pack them really close together so they don't open whilst cooking!
- Blend mushrooms, parsley and basil, and mix with tomatoes and the rest of the garlic.
- Pour this sauce over the cannelloni and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake for about 35 minutes on gas mark 6 or until golden brown and bubby on top.