Recipe by Aunty Dotty
Delicious, Low GI, Healthy & Easy! What more could you ask for? Oh - looks really impressive ; ) Hasn't failed yet, so I hope it works for you too. From The Low GI Diet Cookbook.
- 300 g frozen spinach, thawed
- 400 g fresh reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 30 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 fresh lasagna sheets
- 300 g ready-made pasta sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- torn basil leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C ( 350F ).
- Put spinach in a colander and squeeze out excess water.
- Mix ricotta, nutmeg, pine nuts and half the parmesan in a big bowl.
- Lay a sheet of lasagne out and spoon a quarter of the ricotta mix along along the longer edge. Roll lengthways to make a long sausage shape and place into an oblong lasagne dish, cutting to fit if you have to.
- Repeat with rest of mix and sheets. Spoon the tomato sauce over the cannelloni and season with pepper.
- Cover with foil and cook for 25-30 mins, til pasta is tender and sauce is bubbling. To serve, spoon over remaining hot sauce, extra parmesan and basil.