Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great appetizer- easy and very flavorful. Looks like you really fussed! World Zaar Tour 2005 Italy
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 8 slices French bread, toasted
- Preheat skillet and broiler.
- Saute spinach and garlic in hot skillet with a drizzle of olive oil until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in ricotta and nutmeg in the hot skillet.
- Place bread on a broiler pan and top with spinach mix then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Broil 2-3 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Watching carefully- it doesn't take long!
Good recipe. I used 2 cloves of garlic and added 1/2 teaspoon fine italian herbs. I prepared, placed in bowl topped with parmesan cheese and served with melba toast.
This was certainly easy to make but a little too bland for my taste- I think I'll try again with more garlic and maybe some italian seasoning to punch it up a bit. I also think using baquette bread might balance out the topping to bread ratio a bit better too. Nice change from the typical brushetta though.
This was good but light on the flavor. That makes it a good appetizer for everyone including the kids! Even your pickiest ones will like this. I even used an organic garlic bread with whole cloves in it and it was all gone. This was super easy and didn't heat up the kitchen too much.