Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a spinach lover, then here is a great-tasting side dish, pasta, cheese and spinach baked all in one casserole...very yummy! prep time does not include boiling the pasta or the spinach
Top Review by Paris D
We used 2/3 cup fresh basil and 1/4 cup parsley instead of the dill. We also added about 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes. Good comfort food.
Take 2: Tonight, we made it with the dill and then added sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and a can of water-packed tuna. Delish! It would have been even better if we had added sauteed onions, as well.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, stems removed (2 bunches)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 4-quart baking dish.
- Cook pasta in boiling water, until firm-tender; drain.
- Place the cooked pasta in the casserole dish.
- In a large pot of boiling water BLANCH the spinach (don't overcook!); cool, squeeze out excess liquid, then roughly chop the spinach.
- In a bowl combine spinach, ricotta, sour cream, eggs, Parmesan cheese, dill, pepper and salt.
- Spoon mixture over the pasta in the casserole dish; toss lightly to combine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving Cut in wedges-- enjoy!