Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A VERY good, and VERY easy dinner that's guaranteed to impress.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- 2 cups rice, under-cooked (or use a package of seasoned flavored rice)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded (preferably a multi-cheese italian blend)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Prepare the rice until it is ALMOST done. This is the base for the stuffing, and will continue to cook as the chicken cooks.
- Combine rice, cream cheese, and sour cream in a mixing bowl.
- Add spinach and rosemary to the stuffing mixture.
- Add cheese to the stuffing mixture LAST (the stuffing is warm and the cheese will melt).
- Pound the chicken breasts with a tenderizer so that they are flattenned.
- Scoop stuffing (as much as will practicably fit) onto the flattenned chicken breasts. Roll the chicken up and secure with toothpicks.
- If you wish, coat each "roll" with olive oil and then with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken). The stuffing is already cooked, so just make sure that the chicken is done.
- Serve with stuffing (Stove Top) and hearty green vegetables (asparagus, snap peas, etc.) and whatever else you like. Pair with a sweet white wine (i.e. Riesling).